We all know the best way to get into the shape we want is by dieting and exercising. That really shouldn’t come as a surprise at this point, and if it does, well, I really don’t know what to tell you. But what if there was something extra that could help boost the effects of all of that hard work? What if there was something that could help make that hard work move along just a little bit faster, so we could see results sooner? Well, there is.
Skinny Me Detox Spa in Mission Viejo has all the latest and greatest in the world, where science meets healthy living. I was skeptical at first, but after my very first visit, I was hooked.
Skinny Me Detox Spa was something I wanted to check out based on the name alone. I’m a sucker for anything that promises a skinny me! What I wasn’t expecting was an array of services that really do help you slim down and truly feel better from the inside out. Skinny Me is the place to go if you are looking for infrared-based services.
I’m going to break down everything I tried at Skinny Me so you can make an appointment and find out for yourself how this health oasis can fit into your healthy lifestyle.
Infrared saunas work by using the infrared light to penetrate into our actual tissue, rather than just heating the air like a traditional sauna. This means that our core temperature rises, so we are heating up from the inside out. Infrared saunas are totally safe, and you won’t get a tan. Infrared saunas are celebrated in the health industry for their wide array of benefits, including:
- Detoxification. The sweat you produce from an infrared sauna is seven times more detoxifying than the type and amount of sweat you would produce from a traditional sauna.
- Relaxation. Your blood pressure can lower from infrared sauna use, and the time you spend in the actual unit has a highly relaxing effect.
- Weight loss. Not only are you shedding tons of water weight, but because your heart rate elevates in an infrared sauna, you are actually torching calories. It is possible to burn up to 600 calories in just a 30-minute session. This is a great supplement to your workout regimen.
- Heart health. Looking to lower that blood pressure? Look no further.
- Pain relief. This one is huge. As someone who has arthritis in my neck, I can tell you, this service works wonders when utilized consistently. This service helps promote blood flow and circulation, allowing for healing in the body.
- Anti-aging. Allowing your pores to open up and sweat out all the junk is a great way to make sure you keep that youthful glow.
- Cell health and immunity. Infrared light helps promote healthy cell growth and boosts the immune system.
- Wound healing. Infrared light allows for cells to regenerate faster, promoting a quicker healing process and scar reduction.
FormoStar Infrared Body Wrap
When it comes to weight loss, if you are going to try one service, let it be this one – but do it more than once. Like with anything, doing it once and never again won’t do the trick. Now let me just tell you, as you are putting on the silicone treatment pads, you will think to yourself, “There is literally no way this works.” It’s definitely what I thought too. That was until I came out and saw the line of men and women waiting for their appointment, all of them telling me they’ve achieved body-changing results with this service that they never thought possible. I spoke to one woman in particular who said she had tried for 20 years to get rid of the pooch in her belly, and it wasn’t until she started doing the Formostar treatment on a regular basis that she was actually able to change it. And believe me, she did. I know this because she happily flew her shirt up to prove it to me, and there was no pooch to be found.
For this service, you are wrapped in silicone treatment pads over the areas we struggle with the most (belly, thighs and upper arms). Infrared heat targets these zones and penetrates your skin twice as deep as other infrared treatments to target fat, toxins and cellulite. This treatment claims to activate metabolism, increase blood flow, torch calories and, ultimately, cause weight loss. The best part? You get all of this plus the benefits of infrared sauna treatments without having to get nearly as sweaty. Just buy a package. You’ll thank me later.
Whole Body Cryotherapy
If all this heat isn’t really your thing, then maybe you need to cool it down with cryotherapy. You already know how much I love cryotherapy, and Skinny Me offers this fantastic service as well. Cryotherapy helps with pain management, athletic performance, injury recovery, and energy. This is a great one to try after a really hard workout as well. Just make sure you aren’t sweaty; you need to be totally dry before you get in, otherwise you’ll freeze that sweat and that, my friend, will hurt.
Noninvasive body contouring has become increasingly popular, and if you are going to try it, then I recommend trying the one that was actually studied by NASA. They found that 635nm light effects the fat cells, and this machine makes excellent use of their findings. I’ll spare you much of the scientific jargon, but basically, the light causes water, glycerol and fatty acids to release from the fat cell and into the liver, thus shrinking the fat cell, and the liver takes care of excreting the rest. The result? Smaller fat cells equals smaller you. There is no heat, no pain, and no downtime with this service, and as long as you maintain a healthy diet and exercise program, you will see results.
Versa Pro Spray Tan
Do you like airbrush tans? Do you not always want to get naked in front of a stranger and do plies while they spray you? Then you’ll love the Versa Pro Spray Tan. You get sprayed in a booth and come out looking airbrushed. No streaks, no orange, no naked ballet in front of a stranger, just a bronzed you.
Skinny Me Detox Spa
27772 Vista Del Lago B-16
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
(949) 916-7729 | skinnymedetoxspa.com